What was the Number 1 Song on Your Birthday in 1984?
Date Reached No. 1
- Prince - Let's Go Crazy (0)
- Stevie Wonder - I Just Called To Say I Love You (+3)
- Cars - Drive (0)
- John Waite - Missing You (-2)
- Cyndi Lauper - She Bop (-1)
- Chicago - Hard Habit To Break (+6)
- Sheila E. - The Glamorous Life (+1)
- Madonna - Lucky Star (+5)
- Scandal - The Warrior (-2)
- Bruce Springsteen - Cover Me (0)
- Billy Ocean - Caribbean Queen (+4)
- Bananarama - Cruel Summer (-3)
- Tina Turner - What's Love Got To Do With It (-7)
- Huey Lewis & The News - If This Is It (-3)
- Pointer Sisters - I'm So Excited (+7)
- John Cafferty & The Beaver Brown Band - On The Dark Side (+8)
- Jacksons - Torture (0)
- Night Ranger - When You Close Your Eyes (-4)
- Fixx - Are We Ourselves (+7)
- Laura Branigan - The Lucky One (0)
- Rod Stewart - Some Guys Have All The Luck (+6)
- Donna Summer - There Goes My Baby (+1)
- David Bowie - Blue Jean (+11)*
- Lindsey Buckingham - Go Insane (+1)
- Rick Springfield - Bop Til You Drop (+4)
- Diana Ross - Swept Away (+4)
- Elton John - Who Wears These Shoes (+5)
- Prince - Purple Rain (NEW!)
- Billy Idol - Flesh For Fantasy (+4)
- Jermaine Jackson - Dynamite (-14)
- Dennis DeYoung - Desert Moon (+4)
- Wham! - Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go (NEW!)
- Chaka Khan - I Feel For You (+6)
- Tina Turner - Better Be Good To Me (NEW!)
- Sheena Easton - Strut (+2)
- Lionel Richie - Stuck On You (-18)**
- Barry Gibb - Shine Shine (+3)
- Daryl Hall & John Oates - Out Of Touch (NEW!)
- Naked Eyes - (What) In The Name Of Love (0)
- Joyce Kennedy & Jeffrey Osborne - The Last Time I Made Love (NEW!)
Songs falling off:
Ray Parker Jr. - Ghostbusters (19)
Twisted Sister - We're Not Gonna Take It (21)
Peter Wolf - Lights Out (28)
Corey Hart - Sunglasses At Night (31)
Billy Squier - Rock Me Tonite (36)
- Vanguard low risk etf
- How lord shiva was born
- Covington, indiana funeral home
- Line plot worksheets 6th grade
- How to delete hm moves
What was the number 1 hit song in 1982?
What was the number 1 hit song in 1982?
Billboard Year-End Hot 100 singles of 1982
|2||“Eye of the Tiger”||Survivor|
|3||“I Love Rock ‘n Roll”||Joan Jett & The Blackhearts|
|4||“Ebony and Ivory”||Paul McCartney and Stevie Wonder|
What was top of the charts in 1982?
The Official Top 100 best-selling singles of 1982
|1||Come On Eileen||Dexy’s Midnight Runners|
|3||Eye Of The Tiger||Survivor|
|4||The Lions Sleeps Tonight||Tight Fit|
What was the number 1 song on February 21 1982?
What was the number one song on November 29 1982?
What was the number one song in November 29, 1982? The number one song in the week of November 29, 1982 was Truly by Lionel Richie in US and Save Your Love by Renee & Renato in UK.
What was the #1 song of 1983?
Every Breath You Take
What was the number 1 song of 1984?
Overall, Prince spent the most weeks at number one in 1984, reigning for seven weeks at the top with “When Doves Cry” and “Let’s Go Crazy” (with the Revolution). However, “Like a Virgin” by Madonna had the longest run at number one of any song which rose into the top position during 1984.
What was in the charts in 1984?
The Official Top 40 best-selling songs of 1984
|2||I JUST CALLED TO SAY I LOVE YOU||STEVIE WONDER|
|3||RELAX||FRANKIE GOES TO HOLLYWOOD|
|4||TWO TRIBES||FRANKIE GOES TO HOLLYWOOD|
|5||CARELESS WHISPER||GEORGE MICHAEL|
Was 1984 the best year for music?
1984 has been voted the best year for music by Brits, with the likes of Prince’s Purple Rain album, The Red Hot Chilli Peppers’ debut and Band Aid record helping to secure its place.
What was the No 1 pop song in 1956?
List of Billboard number-one singles of 1956
|Issue date||Best Sellers in Stores||Most Played by Jockeys|
|October 20||“Hound Dog”/ “Don’t Be Cruel” Elvis Presley||“Don’t Be Cruel” Elvis Presley|
|November 3||“Love Me Tender”/ “Any Way You Want Me” Elvis Presley||“Love Me Tender” Elvis Presley|
What was No 1 in the charts in 1956?
Pat Boone (pictured in 1960) had the best-selling single of 1956 with “I’ll Be Home”, topping the charts for five weeks and spending seventeen weeks in the top 10. Dean Martin scored his only UK number-one single this year with “Memories Are Made of This”, which spent four weeks at the top of the chart.
How many number one hits did Elvis have 1956?
What was the number 1 song in August 1955?
List of Billboard number-one singles of 1955
|Issue date||Best Sellers in Stores||Top 100|
|August 13||“Rock Around the Clock” Bill Haley & His Comets||–|
|September 3||“The Yellow Rose of Texas” Mitch Miller||–|
What was the number one hit in 1957?
All Shook Up
What was the number one song in 1967?
List of Cash Box Top 100 number-one singles of 1967
|August 5||“Light My Fire”||The Doors|
|August 12||“All You Need Is Love”||The Beatles|
|August 26||“Ode to Billie Joe”||Bobbie Gentry|
What was the number one song in August 1962?
List of Cash Box Top 100 number-one singles of 1962
|August 11||Breaking Up Is Hard to Do||Neil Sedaka|
|August 18||The Loco-Motion||Little Eva|
What was number one in the charts in 1962?
Billboard Year-End Hot 100 singles of 1962
|1||“Stranger on the Shore”||Acker Bilk|
|2||“I Can’t Stop Loving You”||Ray Charles|
|3||“Mashed Potato Time”||Dee Dee Sharp|
|4||“Roses Are Red (My Love)”||Bobby Vinton|
What was top of the charts in 1962?
Top 100 1962
|01||Frank Ifield||I Remember You|
|02||Mr Acker Bilk||Stranger On The Shore|
|03||The Shadows||Wonderful Land|
|04||Cliff Richard||The Young Ones|
What was the top 10 songs in 1962?
Top 100 Hits of 1962/Top 100 Songs of 1962
- Stranger On the Shore – Mr. Acker Bilk.
- I Can’t Stop Loving You – Ray Charles.
- Mashed Potato Time – Dee Dee Sharp.
- Roses Are Red (My Love) – Bobby Vinton.
- The Stripper – David Rose.
- Johnny Angel – Shelley Fabares.
- The Loco-Motion – Little Eva.
- Let Me In – The Sensations.
What was top of the charts in 1963?
Top 100 1963
|01||The Beatles||She Loves You|
|02||The Beatles||From Me To You|
|03||Gerry & The Pacemakers||How Do You Do It?|
|04||Gerry & The Pacemakers||I Like It|
What was number-one in the charts in 1968?
Jazz legend Louis Armstrong scored his only UK number-one single this year with “What a Wonderful World”/”Cabaret”, which topped the chart for four weeks and spent 11 weeks in the top 10 altogether.
What was the number-one hit song in 1964?
I Want to Hold Your Hand
What was the number one song for 1971?
Joy to the World
What were the top 10 songs of 1971?
Throwback Thursday: The top 10 songs this week in 1971
- 8. ” Stay Awhile,” the Bells.
- 7. ” Bridge over Troubled Water/Brand New Me,” Aretha Franklin.
- 6. ” Brown Sugar,” the Rolling Stones.
- 5. ” Me and You and a Dog Named Boo,” Lobo.
- 4. ” If,” Bread.
- 3. ” Put Your Hand in the Hand,” Ocean.
- 2. ” Never Can Say Goodbye,” The Jackson 5.
- 1. ” Joy to the World,” Three Dog Night.
What was in the charts in 1971?
All US Top 40 Singles for 1971
|1||Knock Three Times Tony Orlando & Dawn||2:57|
|2||Joy To The World Three Dog Night||3:40|
|3||Indian Reservation (The Lament of the Cherokee Reservation Indian) Paul Revere & The Raiders, The Raiders||2:51|
|4||Stayin Alive Bee Gees||4:45|
|5||Go Away Little Girl Donny Osmond||2:30|
What was popular 1971?
Popular Culture 1971
- The Last Picture Show.
- Diamonds Are Forever.
- The French Connection.
- A Clockwork Orange.
- Fiddler on the Roof.
- Summer of ’42.
- Dirty Harry.
Who attacked first in 1971 war?
On the ground, Pakistan suffered the most, with 8,000 killed and 25,000 wounded, while India only had 3,000 dead and 12,000 wounded.
14/06/2021Manon WilcoxFAQSours: https://colors-newyork.com/what-was-the-number-1-hit-song-in-1982/
(main track: Too Much Too Young)
(Theme from M*A*S*H)
Xmas No 1
Xmas No 1
1st No 1 (Stevie).
500th No 1
Xmas No 1
Xmas No 1
Xmas No 1
October 1984 number 1 song
All The Number 1 Singles
What song was number 1 on the day I was born?
The links above will allow you to discover which songs were number one on any date from 1940-2015. Select the year you want, followed by the month within that year (on the next page) then you will be able to see which songs were number one for each day of that month in the various countries covered.
The data shown represents all the information we currently have available, if you want number ones from before 1940, or for different countries we recommend that you follow the source data links yourself. The issues with defining which charts to use, which entries fall into each chart and how to treat double-A side records made us feel that listing number ones was not a worthwhile effort, however the number of users who request such data has convinced us to offer this set of pages. We quite often get requests to find out which song was number one on a particular day. There are a number of obvious comments:
- Number 1 where? And according to who? We have lists of number one records and their dates from the UK, Australia, Ireland, New Zealand, France, Canada, Spain, Japan, Europe and the USA. But they all have limited timeframes and some have other, more complete and "official" charts that overlap. If you want to examine these lists you should track down the original data
- This site focuses on consolidating charts from round the world, not on tracking the accidental coincidence of a particular song's popularity on a particular date. We are interested in which songs were number 1 in most places but we don't set out to discover, or track, the day to day movements of songs. For most of our data its hard enough working out the right year
- As you go back in time the charts are less well defined. The USA has the longest running set of chart data, but even there the Billboard Hot 100 chart started in 1958, before that there were a variety of less formal ones. Those charts in turn started in 1936 but we only have lists of number ones starting from 1940. Before 1936 there were Billboard charts but they were for the sheet music, not for the actual song, and for some eras they only really give an indication of the year, rather than the month.
- If you want to know the US number one song for any date after 1940 have a look at //en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_number-o ne_hits_(United_States)
Back to Introduction
Given the range of countries that we have gathered information for we can answer some questions about number ones. If we restrict ourselves to the English speaking world that we have good charts for (that is the USA, UK, Australia, Canada and Ireland) then only two artists had number ones simultaneously across all those charts before 1990: The Beatles with "I Feel Fine" from Dec 1964 to Jan 1965 and John Lennon in Jan 1981. Three artists managed this feat in the 1990s: Bryan Adams in Aug 1991 - Sep 1991; Whitney Houston in Dec 1992 - Jan 1993; and Celine Dion in Mar 1998.
Looking at the proportion of time that each artist was number one in at least one of our target countries gives yet another measure of the relative success that various acts enjoyed. If we work out what proportion of each decade they spent in the number one song slot we get this listing:
The 1940s and 1950s are biased in two different ways, firstly there are fewer charts (so acts are liable to spend less time at number one) and secondly the charts that existed were less dynamic (so acts spent longer in the top slot). We have assumed these factors just about cancel each other out. Only Cliff Richard and The Rolling Stones have managed to extend beyond 3 decades.
Another interesting metric is to look at how long a particular artist managed to remain at number one in at least one of these countries. This shows artists that were globally popular with multiple songs released in quick succession. Here are all the artists that managed at least 75 days of being number one somewhere:
The Beatles and Bing Crosby both managed more than 100 day stints twice (The Beatles narrowly missed out on managing three 100 stretches because of a two day gap in Mar 1966.
Back to Introduction
You will also be interested:
- Good night apps free download
- Hillary and donald dance off
- Rent drop box through wall
- Vtech caller id not working
- Predator 3500 inverter generator
- Citizens las vegas mandalay bay
- Aquarius and libra friendship
- Gated communities richmond hill ga
- C6/9 guitar chord
- Tilt and trim switch
- Export confluence space to pdf
The Number One Hits Of 1984
The Number One Hits Of 1984:
December 10, 1983 – January 20, 1984:
Paul McCartney and Michael Jackson – Say, Say, Say
January 21, 1984 – February 3, 1984:
Yes – Owner of a Lonely Heart
February 4, 1984 – February 24, 1984:
Culture Club – Karma Chameleon
February 25, 1984 – March 30, 1984:
Van Halen – Jump
March 31, 1984 – April 20, 1984:
Kenny Loggins – Footloose
April 21, 1984 – May 11, 1984:
Phil Collins – Against All Odds (Take a Look at Me Now)
May 12, 1984 – May 25, 1984:
Lionel Richie – Hello
May 26, 1984 – June 8, 1984:
Deniece Williams – Let’s Hear It for the Boy
June 9, 1984 – June 22, 1984:
Cyndi Lauper – Time After Time
June 23, 1984 – July 6, 1984:
Duran Duran – The Reflex
July 7, 1984 – August 10, 1984:
Prince – When Doves Cry
August 11, 1984 – August 30, 1984:
Ray Parker, Jr. – Ghostbusters
September 1, 1984 – September 21, 1984:
Tina Turner – What’s Love Got to Do with It
September 22, 1984 – September 28, 1984:
John Waite – Missing You
September 29, 1984 – October 12, 1984:
Prince and The Revolution – Let’s Go Crazy
October 13, 1984 – November 2, 1984:
Stevie Wonder – I Just Called to Say I Love You
November 3, 1984 – November 16, 1984:
Billy Ocean – Caribbean Queen (No More Love on the Run)
November 17, 1984 – December 7, 1984:
Wham! – Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go
December 8, 1984 – December 21, 1984:
Daryl Hall and John Oates – Out of Touch
December 22, 1984 – February 1, 1985:
Madonna – Like a Virgin
The biggest Pop Artists of 1984 include:
Ashford & Simpson, The Bar-Kays, Billy Ocean, Billy Idol, Billy Joel, Bruce Springsteen, Cameo, The Cars, Culture Club, Cyndi Lauper, Deniece Williams, Duran Duran, Elton John, Eurythmics, Huey Lewis & the News, Jeffrey Osborne, Laura Branigan, Lionel Richie, Madonna, Micheal Jackson, Newcleus, New Edition, Patti LaBelle, Phil Collins, Pointer Sisters, Prince, Ray Parker Jr, Rick Springfield, Shannon, Stevie Wonder, The Thompson Twins, The Time, Tina Turner, Van Halen, Yes
(Data is complied from various charts including: Billboard’s Pop, Rock, Airplay, R&B/Dance and Singles Charts. The Hot 100 is the primary chart used for this list.)